Immigration regulations/cases by country

Entry regulations of the USA

U.S. Customs and Border Protection

U.S. Customs and Border Protection Children – Child traveling with one parent or someone who is nit a parent or legal guardian or a group If a child (under the age of 18) is traveling with only one patent or someone who is not a parent or legal guardian, what paperwork should the adult have to indicate permission or legal authority to have that child in their care? U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) strongly recommends that unless the child is accompanied by both parents, the adult have a note from the child’s other parent (or, in the case of a child traveling with grandparents, uncles or aunts, sisters or brothers, friends, or in groups, a note signed by both parents) stating “I acknowledge that my wife/husband/etc. is traveling out of the country with my son/daughter/group. He/She/They has/have my permission.” See our Q&A parental consent.Parental consent/permission letter What should a parental consent/permission letter look like? Protection (CBP) from? There is mot a CBP Form letter but this is a letter you create. The “Parental Consent Letter” should include the following elements:
  • - Who
  • - What
  • - Where
  • - When
  • - Why
  • - Contact information for the absent parent(s)
Having the letter notarized is not necessary but highly recommended. For frequent border crossers, the letter should not exceed one year. It is recommended to have the letter in English.

Entry regulations of Canada

Consent letter is recommended for children travelling abroad

Minor children travelling to Canada Children under the age of 18 are considered minors in Canada. They must follow the same rules to enter Canada as any other visitor. Minors who try to enter Canada without the proper documents, or who are with adults other than their parents or legal guardian(s), will be checked more closely. Border services officers are on alert for children sho need protection and check very carefully for missing or runaway children. They must question you about children who come with you to Canada or question a child who travels alone. Make sure you have the proper documents with you. If a minor child is travelling with one parent only The parent should present :
  • ● the child's passpor
  • ● a copy of the child's birth certificate, and
  • a letter of authorization, in English or French if possible, which is signed by the parent who is not travelling with them and lists
  • - the address and telephone number of the parent sho is not travelling, and
  • - a photocopy of that parent's signed passport or national identity card.
  • If the parents are separated or divorced, and share custody of the child
  • ● he parent travelling with the child should carry copies of the legal custody documents.
  • ● It is also best to have a letter of authorization from the other parent who has custody to take the child on atrip out of country.
  • If the parents are separated or divorced and one of them has sole custody of the child
  • ● he letter of authorization may be signed by that parent only and they should bring a copy of the custody decree.
  • If one of the child's parents is deceased
  • ● the travelling parent should bring a copy of the death certificate.
  • If a minor child is travelling alone
  • - The child should present
  • ● his own passport
  • - a parent's passport, even if the child's details are included in it, cannot be used
  • ● a copy of his birth certificate, and
  • ● a letter of authorization, in English of French if possible, and signed by both parents of by their legal guardian which lists
  • - the parents' (or legal guardian's) address and telephone number, and
  • - the name, address and telephone number of the adult who will look after the child in Canada
Recommended consent letter for children travelling abroad We strongly recommend that Canadian children carry a consent letter if they are abroad alone, with only one parent/guardian, with friends or relatives or with a group. For the purposes of this consent letter, a Canadian child is defined as anyone who is under the age of majority (18 or 19, depending on the province or territory of residence). A consent letter is not a legal requirement in Canada, but it can simplify travel for Canadian children, as if may be requested by immigration authorities when entering or leaving a foreign country or by Canadian officials when re-entering Canada. The letter demonstrates that Canadian children have permission to travel abroad from parents or guardians who are not accompanying them. We recommend that you talk th a lawyer avout the legal issues that apply to you and your children’s unique situation, particularly if your parenting arrangement has special terms governing international travel. Carrying a consent letter does not guarantee that children will be allowed to enter or leave a country, as every country has its own entry and exit requirements. For additional information about entry and exit requirements for Canadian children travel alone, with only one parent or with another accompanying person, see out Travel Advice and Advisories or contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the destination country. We recommend that the letter be signed by every non-accompanying person or organization with the legal right to make major decisions for the child, including anyone with
  • - custody rights
  • - guardianship rights, or
  • - parental authority (in Quebec only)

Entry regulations of the United Kingdom

Travel documents for minors

Border Forc If you are travelling with a child (under 18) and are not the child’s parent, or may appear not to be the parent (for example, if you have a different family name), we may ask you a few questions to establish your relationship with the child. We will always do this as quickly as possible and in a way which is sensitive to the interests of the child and the adult involved. We do not wish to delay your journey any longer than necessary. It may help you next time you travel if you could carry evidence of your relationship with the child and/or the reason why you are traveling with the child. This evidence could include copies of
  • - a birth or adoption certificate showing your relationship with the child
  • - divorce / marriage certificates if you are the parent but have a different surname to the child
  • - a letter from the child’s parent/s giving authority for the child to travel with you and providing contact details if you are not the parent.

Entry regulations of Vietnam

Procedure guidance for minors(under 14) entering Vietnam with an adult who is not a legal representative(parent).

According to the immigration law of Vietnam, when a minor(under 14) is enter Vietnam with an adult who is not a legal representative(parent), you need to follow the procedures stated below. ex) when a child is going to Vietnam with his/her relative, not his/her parents
  • 1. One of the parents has to write Child travel consent paper.
  • • When the child and his/her guardian will be entering Vietnam and pupose of travel must be writtern.
  • 2. Buy a letter of consent from a domestic notarization office, get certification and translate the paper
  • into Vietnamese.
  • 3. Get confirmation from Ministry of Foreign Affairs in South Korea.
  • • 4F, 68, Jong-ro 5-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
  • Tel) 02-2100-7500, 7600
  • 4. Get confirmation by the Vietnamese embassy .
  • • 123, Bukchon-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
  • Tel) 02-720-5124
  • 5. Submit the completed paper when entering Vietnam.

Entry regulations of the Philippines

Minor Travelling to the Philippines.

PHILIPPINE CONSULATE GENERAL ADVISORY MINORS TRAVELLING TO THE PHILIPPINES Updated information from the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and the Philippine Department of social Welfare and Development (DSWD) on minors travelling to, or departing from the Philippines FOREIGN MINORS TRAVELLING TO THE PHILIPPINES

Under the provision of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, foreign minors travelling unaccompanied by or not coming to a parent, are considered "excludable aliens" and must secure a "Waiver of Exclusion Ground" (WEG) issued by the Bureau of Immigration.
As a general rule Foreign Nationals below 15 years old traveling alone to the Philippines, or accompanied by person other than their parents must secure a WEG.
Children who are not Philippine passport holders and under fifteen (15) years of age who intend to travel to the Philippines unaccompanied by or not coming to a parent, must secure Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) from the Bureau of immigration office on Manila upon their arrival (Excluded from this requirement are those who have already acquired lawful residence in the Philippine and those who have been issued reentry permit.)

Entry regulations of Australia

Australian GovernmentDepartment of Immigration and Border Protection Where children under 18 years of age intend to travel to Australia, their non-accompanying parent(s) or person(s) with parental responsibility (anyone who can lawfully determine where the child/children is/are to live) may be required to sign a consent form to give permission for the child/children to be granted an Australian visa for the purpose of travel to stay temporarily or permanently in Australia.
If one parent, or person(s) with parental responsibility, has lawfully been made solely responsible for making decisions as to where the child/children is/are to live, then only that parent or person needs to sign the consent form. This form must be completed in English. the completed and signed form (Parts A and B) and any additional documentation should be sent to the office nominated in your application.
you must attach to this form:
  • - a certified copy of the child’s/children’s birth certificated(s), (if it is not already lodged with the application.);
  • - a certified copy of the personal details page of the non-accompanying parent’s, or person(s) with parental responsibility’s passport, driver’s licence, National Identity Card (ID card) or birth certificate; and
  • - a certified copy of any relevant evidence making you solely responsible for making decisions about where the child/children is/are th live (if applicable).

Entry regulations of the United Germany

Updated : 10/07/2017
Travel documents for minors
UK decision to invoke Article 50 of the TEU: More information
may need an extra (official) document signed by their parents, second parent or legal guardian(s) authorising them to travel.
  • - alone
  • - with adults who are not their legal guardian or
  • - with only one parent
Travel documents for EU nationals – Germany n addition to their own valid travel document (passport or ID card), although not obligatory by law, all minors entering or leaving Germany are advised to carry an authorisation (where possible in the languages of both the languages of both the home country and the destination country) signed by their parents/legal guardian. The document should show
  • - that the minor has their permission to travel alone
  • - the contact details of the parents/legal guardian
No data8

Entry regulations of Spain

Travel documents for minors – Spain

Minors require a valid travel document to leave Spain. In addition, if they are travelling with an identity card, instead of the passport, they must have a written authorization signed by whoever has legal custody or guardianship. This written authorization must be certified in any police station, civil guard post, court, notary or City Hall, upon presentation of the family book or birth certificate. You can find the authorization forms:
  • - Civil Guard
  • - National Police
Minors from an EU country who enter Spain with an identity card (instead of a passport) also need a written authorization as described in paragraph 1. Contact if you need to request more information.

Entry regulations of Columbia

※ Immigration procedures for minors (Children under 18) When minors enter a country, they must submit the following documents to immigration officials.
  • - Valid passport
  • - salvoconducto (When legal length of stay expires)
  • - Affidavit of support for leaving the country (Restricted to Colombians and residents only)
※ Following contents must be written on permission to travel
  • - Travel destination
  • - Purpose of traveling
  • - Departure and return trip itinerary
- When minors reside in Colombia with their parents, they need to get permission to travel from Nortario Puglico *If parents reside in overseas, minors must obtain travel to consent from Embassy of Columbia in other countries after receiving a certification by a notary, from a foreign office in the country of sojourn. (address: Cll97# 18-32) - If Colombia Ministry of Foreign Affairs cannot be found in their area, minors can visit other countries with original travel to consent issued from nearby notarization office, having the document translated into Spanish, and obtaining apostille. - If the either parent deceased, documents can be substituted with a death certificate. If both parents deceased, children can go to other countries with a written consent by legal guardians. - Minors (Residente, Temporal, estudiante, temporal trabio only) do not need to show permission to travel (birth certificate). With a valid passport and VISA, permission to enter countries will be given. (Source : DAS)

Entry regulations of Peru

Travel documents for minors

1. Minors Submit permission to travel notarized by a notary
  • - Request notarization after getting signature from both parents
  • - Permission to travel issued by embassy requires legalization process from Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Peru.
  • - Minors must submit permission to travel every time they leave Peru.
2. Relevant link

Entry regulations of Brazil

Immigration procedures for minors (Children under 18)

In Brazil, people who are 18 years old and above are considered as adults. When minors of Brazilian nationality travel abroad alone, permission to travel is a must. This regulation is for Brazilians only. However, as a Korean citizen, minors under the age of 18 travel alone to Brazil, there is a high possibility of a quarrel if the child do no have permission to travel. To prevent this from happening, obtaining consulate certification for permission to travel from Embassy of Brazil (ex)Embassy of Brazil located in Korea) is highly requested if possible. Also, submitting the attached document to immigration officials in Brazil can be an other option. Please refer to the relevant link Control Migratorio de Salida de Extranjeros Attached file : Regulations regarding permission to travel for minors of Brazilian nationality traveling abroad alone For minors under 18, when traveling alone, must obtain permission to travel in advance. Also, when traveling with either parents, please be aware that a declaration form written by non-accompanying parent/guardian. - Both parents must write and affix their signature to two copies of ”permission to travel” per one child. For those who do not have a Brazilian nationality or a permanent resident, ‘notarization’ is required. Please issue apostille after having the document notarized prior to entering Brazil.
The Embassy of Brazil located in Korea no longer offers confirmation/notarization service for official documents issued in Korea since Aug.14th, 2016. As Hague apostille agreement with Brazil came into effect, international official document notarization process has been simplified.
When requesting apostille issue service, you need to submit relevant documents to organizations in Korea responsible for the service. After obtaining apostille, the documents automatically come into effect. In Korea, you can obtain apostille from Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Korea.

Entry regulations of Bolivia

Travel documents for minors – Bolivia

The Embassy of Bolivia have a list of immigration rejection reasons in order to prevent foreigners from having immigration problems. ※ Main reason for being rejected to enter Bolivia
  • - Purpose of immigration being ambiguous (When the purpose for travel is a business trip, but obtaining a traveling visa is detected)
  • - Insufficient documents submitted when having an arrival visa issued (Itinerary, registration confirmation for hotel/hostels, detailed invitation when invited to acquaintances’ house, financial credit confirmation-detailed bank account balance statement, a certificate of yellow fever vaccination)
  • - Unaccompanied minor (without permission to travel)
  • - Accompanied minor without relevant documents (certificate such as original/translated version of Family Relations certificate need to obtain notarization from Embassy of Bolivia located in Korea in advance)
  • - Passport valid for less than 6 months
  • - Carrying travel certificate (travel certificate will not be acknowledged)
※ Permission to travel for minors – Bolivia
  • Send to the email: a copy of the current passport or identity card of the parent (s), indicate the information (name, identification and issuance number) of the agent (s), a copy of the passport or identification card of the minor or minors traveling to Bolivia. Name and contact number.
  • - One of the officers will contact the applicant for scheduling the appointment.
  • - On the day of the appointment, the relevant power (the one that gives the power) must present their valid Bolivian identity card or current Bolivian passport.
  • - The fee will be US $ 15. They can be paid by debit card, credit or money order on behalf of the Bolivian Consulate.
  • - The procedure lasts approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
  • - Send the document to Bolivia.
※ Processing by mail
  • - Write a power of travel authorization and paperwork for minor travel.
  • - Sign before any local notary
  • - Request the APOSTILLE to the Secretary of State or Government of the Notary's jurisdiction
  • - Send the document to Bolivia (There is no need to be legalized by Bolivian Consulate if it has apostille)

Entry regulations of Portugal

Travel documents for minors – Portugal

All foreign citizens under the age of 18 who are not Portuguese or not resident in Portugal and who enter Portugal unaccompanied by a person exercising parental responsibilities, must have, in addition to their own travel document, a person on Portuguese territory duly authorized by their legal representative who will be responsible for them during their stay. The document proving this must be dated and signed, and include the following information:
  • - identification, date, length of stay and reason for travel.
  • - identification of parents/guardians, telephone contact details, details of an adult who will be responsible for the minor.
For minors of Portuguese nationality or resident in Portugal who enter Portugal unaccompanied, border services officers will, as well as checking that they have a valid travel document, check if the person on Portuguese territory who will be responsible for their reception and care is a parent/legal guardian/authority responsible for the minor. Under the legislation in force on national territory, minors who are Portuguese or legally resident in Portugal and who plan to leave the country (viz. the Portuguese mainland, the Madeira archipelago and the Azores archipelago), travelling unaccompanied by either parent, must have an authorization to leave issued by a person who has legally certified parental responsibility. While the authorization to leave is necessary, it should be noted that, as regards border checks, the rules contained in the Schengen Agreement apply to journeys undertaken between States party to the Schengen Agreement. The authorization to leave must be in writing, and dated and signed by a person who has legally certified parental responsibility, further conferring the power to accompany the minor on nominated third parties. This authorization may be used an unlimited number of times within the document's period of validity, which may, however, not exceed one calendar year. If no other period is mentioned, the authorization will be valid for six months from the date of issue.

Entry regulations of Thailand

Children travelling without Parents / Travelling with children (under 20 years old)

1. Children travelling without Parents 1-1) Children travelling alone Children traveling without parents can travel into and out from the country and transit in Thailand. For further information, please contact the airline you travel with in advance. Additional information from 1-2) Travelling with another person's child/ren, please provide
  • - Child’s birth certificate and consent letter from the child’s parents or legal guardians with a copy of their passport.
*NOTE: The consent letter must be in English or Thai and notarized to be effective. We recommend three copies: one for you, one to go in your child's bag, and one for the person your child travelling with.

Entry regulations of Austria

Travel documents for minors – Austria

In addition to their own valid travel document (ID card or passport), Austrian minors leaving Austria without at least one parent are advised to carry a written declaration as well as copies of their birth certificate and the travel document of the parent. More information on the web site of the Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs. Other than their own valid travel document, no particular official authorization is required for minors of any EU country to enter Austria. ※ Children and young people Children are required to hold a passport of their own (one person one passport). It is no longer admissible to have children’s names entered in their parents’ passports and all such existing entries are no longer valid. When travelling with a child whose passport has expired in countries where this is permissible, make sure that it is still possible to clearly determine the child’s identity based on the child’s passport photo. It is thus generally recommended to only travel with a valid passport.  When minors (up to the age of 18) travel alone and are not accompanied by their legal guardian it is recommended that – in addition to their passport – they also carry a valid written declaration of consent signed by their legal guardian stating that they are allowed to travel unaccompanied. A copy of the minor’s birth certificate and a copy of the legal guardian’s passport should be attached to this letter of authorization. If the minor and his/her legal guardian/parents have different surnames it is also recommended that a copy of his/her parents’ marriage certificate be attached. A sample of such a written declaration of consent in German and English is available on the website of the Austrian automotive club ӦAMTC. Some countries require a certified declaration, in others it may be necessary to attach the custody decree. For more detailed information, please see the country information section – legally binding information is provided, however, only by the respective country’s foreign representation.

Entry regulations of Uae

Travel advice regarding minors entering the UAE - effective 1 June 2018

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) government has recently issued a notice to all airlines regarding a new regulatory requirement on all minors (children under 18 years old) travelling to the UAE which will be effective on 1 June 2018. All children and minors aged below 18 years old shall fulfill the following to be permitted entry to the United Arab Emirates: •If not travelling with a parent / guardian with the same surname, they shall have the document available to prove their relationship, e.g. copy of birth certificate •If travelling are with other adults (18 years old or above), an authorization letter signed by the parents or guardian together with copy of birth certificate or affidavit will be required. Note: The UAE will not provide an official form/sample of authorization letter for reference. •If travelling alone and aged 6 – 17, they are required to travel as an unaccompanied minor by adopting the airlines formal unaccompanied minor procedure. Any person unable to fulfill the above requirements will be refused entry.

Entry regulations of Hungary

Travel documents for minors – Hungary

Any minor with EU citizenship travelling with a valid travel document (passport or ID card) may enter or leave the territory of Hungary. There is no need for any other special official permit. However, if such minors are travelling to a non-EU Member State or to a non-Schengen country with only one of their parents, or are not accompanied by their parents but by another person or persons, the persons travelling with them are advised to carry a declaration signed by both parents or by the parent who is not travelling. The authorities of the country of destination may ask to see this declaration in order to verify on the basis of the signed document that the purpose of travel is legitimate. There is currently no standardized EU form for such declarations. The Hungarian authorities advise including in the declaration of consent the date and place of birth and birth name of the minor(s), accompanying person(s) and parent(s), the minor's travel document number, the purpose and place of the stay abroad, contact details (e.g. country, location, address, telephone number) and direct contact details during the stay abroad (e.g. direct contact details of the hotel, relatives or school). In the case of groups travelling from or to Hungary, a group declaration may also be made to the group escort(s). The purpose of the declaration is to help combat human trafficking and trafficking of children as well as prevent family law offences and avoid complicated international legal disputes. Further detailed information on border crossing formalities can be found in Hungarian and English on the Hungarian Police website. Detailed information for minors travelling abroad. The Hungarian Consular Service website contains useful information on conditions of entry to EU and non-EU countries, and conditions for travelling from those countries to Hungary. The detailed information entries for many of the individual countries of destination include a downloadable specimen form to be completed by parents authorizing their child to travel, adapted to the data recommended or required by that country's authorities, as well as useful online information about the destination country's current political and security situation, health profile and other specifics, visa requirements, etc.

Entry regulations of Argentina

Cautions when entering/leaving Argentina

1. Document procedures for minors under the age of 13 accompanied by other minors or traveling alone. A. When accompanied by parents: Family Relation certificate related documents required [Translation, notarization, and Apostille process necessary for Family Relation certificate(Birth certificate)] B. When accompanied by either parents
  • 1)Traveling for less than 90 days: Family Relation certificate document required [Translation, notarization, and Apostille process necessary for Family Relation certificate(Birth certificate)]
  • 2)Traveling for more that 90 days
  • - Need to have Family Relation certificate related documents required [Translation, notarization, and Apostille process necessary for Family Relation certificate(Birth certificate)]
  • - Must travel with (translated and notarized) consent to travel written by either side of unaccompanied parents.
C. Unaccompanied by parents (When traveling with third party): Must travel with (translated and notarized) consent to travel. ※ If documents mentioned above are not submitted upon request from immigration service officials, there are high possibilities that minors cannot immigrate to other countries.

Entry regulations of Romania

Travel documents for minors – Romania

In addition to their own valid travel document (passport or ID card), if Romanian minors are travelling accompanied only by an adult other than their parents/legal guardian(s), they must have written consent to travel signed by both parents and/or legal guardian(s) and certified by a notary. This consent must state:
  • - the itinerary
  • - the dates of the journey
  • - the identification of the accompanying adult
The accompanying adult must present:
  • - the above mentioned consent signed by both parents
  • - an extract of their own judicial record
  • - if applicable, the documents proving the quality of the person (e.g. a flight attendant) designated by the transport company
If they are travelling with one of their parents, they must show written consent (certified by a notary) from the other parent allowing them to leave the country. This consent is not necessary if the accompanying parent can prove:
  • - that custody of the minor was granted by a court
  • - that the other parent is deceased
  • - that the other parent has been declared as missing or their parental rights have been revoked

Entry regulations of Bulgaria

Travel documents for minors – Bulgaria

Where a child of Bulgarian nationality travels with both parents, a valid ID card or passport (only passports are issued to children up to the age of 14) issued by the Bulgarian police is enough. Otherwise children also need to have: A written declaration of consent from the second parent if they are travelling with only one parent. This must be signed and certified by a notary or judge registrar (or at a Bulgarian diplomatic or consular service if the second parent lives abroad). A declaration from both parents made before a notary if the minors are travelling with an adult other than their parents. Bulgarian children who live abroad long-term or who have dual citizenship do not need these declarations but must carry both their Bulgarian and foreign ID documents. More detailed information and an example of the declaration (this also exists in English) on the website of the Border Police. Other than their own valid travel document, no particular official authorization is required for minors of any other EU country to enter Bulgaria.

Entry regulations of Croatia

Travel documents for minors – Croatia

Other than their own valid travel document (ID card or passport), no additional document is required for children/minors travelling to or from the Republic of Croatia accompanied by a person who does not have parental responsibility for them. Border guards pay special attention to minors, whether they are travelling alone or are accompanied. In the case of accompanied minors, border guards check that the persons accompanying them have parental responsibility for them, especially if they are travelling with one adult only. If there are serious grounds to suspect that the minor may have been unlawfully removed from the custody of the person(s) who is legally responsible for them, border guards will carry out additional checks to detect any possible inconsistencies or contradictions in the information given. In the case of unaccompanied minors, border guards thoroughly check their travel and supporting documents to ensure that the minor is not leaving the country against the wishes of the person(s) who has parental responsibility for them. See the citizens' portal for further information.

Entry regulations of Belgium

Travel documents for minors – Belgium

Minors travelling out of Belgium alone or with adults other than their parents: must have a valid travel document (ID card or passport) are advised to also carry a written parental authorization (to be requested from your municipality). The same applies to minors from other EU countries (travelling in or out of Belgium). More information on the website of the Belgian Foreign Affairs Ministry.

Entry regulations of Cyprus

Travel documents for minors – Cyprus

An unaccompanied Cypriot minor is required to have a legally certified authorization issued by his/her parents before he/she can leave Cyprus. If the minor is accompanied by one parent, they are required to have an authorization issued by the parent who is not travelling. The Cypriot authorities (at passport control) thoroughly check the minor's travel documents and, where appropriate the authorization issued by the absent parent before they can leave the country. No additional document is required re-enter Cyprus as this was checked at departure. Minors from another EU country should have the necessary checks done in their country of departure; no additional checks would normally be made when entering Cyprus. On departure, the Cypriot authorities thoroughly check the travel documents of both the minor and the person accompanying them and, where appropriate the authorization issued by the absent parent before they can leave Cyprus. In cases where there are serious grounds to suspect that the minor could be the subject of an abduction the Cypriot authorities will intervene.

Entry regulations of Estonia

Travel documents for minors – Estonia

In addition to their own valid travel document (passport or ID card), all minors entering or leaving Estonia, either unaccompanied or with someone other than the parents/legal guardian, are advised to have written parental approval Contact Upon arrival in Estonia, minors of Estonian nationality who are not in possession of a valid travel document will be allowed to cross the state border as long as they can provide valid proof of their identity and nationality by means of other documents.

Entry regulations of Finland

Travel documents for minors – Finland

In addition to their own valid travel document (passport or ID card), although not obligatory by law, all minors entering or leaving Finland are advised to carry a document showing that they have permission to travel unaccompanied or with someone other than their parents or legal guardian. Minors travelling with at least one parent do not need such a document.

Entry regulations of Slovakia

Travel documents for minors – Slovakia

Travel documents for minors – Slovakia Other than their own valid travel document (passport or ID card), no particular extra official authorization is required by law for minors of any EU country to enter or leave Slovakia. It is, however, recommended that children travelling to or from Slovakia alone or with an adult other than a parent have the (written) agreement of both parents. Similarly if they are travelling with only one parent, the consent of the other parent is advised. The signatures on these declarations should ideally be certified by a notary.

Entry regulations of Netherlands

Travel documents for minors – Netherlands

Other than their own valid travel document (passport or ID card), no particular extra official authorization is required for minors of any EU country to enter or leave the Netherlands. However the Dutch Marechaussee (border police) can check if children travelling with a parent with a different last name are in fact related to that person. To avoid problems, it is advisable to carry a consent form. Minors who don't have a valid passport or identity card can obtain a special document to make sure they can go on school trips etc. (only to other EU countries) without being accompanied by their parents. You can request this document from the Dutch Immigration authorities.

Entry regulations of Malta

Travel documents for minors – Malta

Minors of Maltese nationality travelling with an identity card are generally permitted to travel if they are accompanied by both parents or if they are in possession of written consent from both parents. This written consent by both parents must be certified as authentic. If the minors travel with a passport, additional written consent is not required since both parents must give their consent for a passport to be issued. No additional special document is required for them to (re-)enter Malta. (They will not be checked by the Border Control authorities if travelling between Schengen countries.) Other than a valid national ID card or passport, minors who are nationals of another EU country do not need any other specific document to enter or leave Malta if they are travelling between Schengen countries as there are no checks by Border Guards or immigration officers. If they enter Malta from a country outside Schengen, it is assumed that their departure has been checked and approved according to the rules in that country. But, if they notice something untoward or which may appear suspicious, Border Guards and immigration officers can make inquiries to ensure they are bona fide travelers. The authorities can also carry out similar checks for minors leaving Malta for a country outside Schengen.

Entry regulations of Luxembourg

Application for parental consent

Minors who are travelling abroad unaccompanied by their parents must, in addition to a valid identity document, carry proof of parental consent. The certificate is issued by the population office of the child's commune of residence. Who is concerned the person with parental authority over the child (father, mother or legal guardian) can apply for the parental consent certificate.

Entry regulations of Lithuania

Travel documents for minors – Lithuania

Other than their own valid travel document (passport or ID card), minors of Lithuanian nationality do not need any extra official document to travel to a Schengen country. For travel to a non-Schengen country, other rules apply: If a minor is travelling with one parent whose last name is different from the child's, border control officers may ask for the minor's birth certificate. Where a minor is travelling alone or with a person other than a parent, written consent is necessary. This must be certified by a notary, by an official of the diplomatic mission or consulate of the Republic of Lithuania or by the elder (head of the ward) and can be done at any notary's office in Lithuania (or ward or diplomatic mission or consulate of the Republic of Lithuania if a parent is abroad). When the minor is travelling as part of a group (sports team, school trip etc.), the person organizing the trip must draw up a list (which has to be signed and stamped by the organizer) of all the minors travelling and the accompanying persons (a minor's name can only be included on the list once parents/caregivers have given written consent certified by a notary or official of the diplomatic mission or consulate of the Republic of Lithuania or by the elder). The list will give the following details for each minor travelling:
  • - Name and surname
  • - Date of birth or personal number
  • - Details of the Identity card or passport (number, issuing authority, expiry date), and the
  • - Details of the body organizing the trip (name, address, legal entity code, phone and fax number, e-mail address)